Thursday, October 04, 2007

New Hair!

-I wrote this Wednesday night but couldn’t post it until this morning, so when today is mentioned it means wed. and when last night is mentioned it means Tuesday night.-

Ok, random fact: Today was one year ago, from when I thought I was going to lose my finger. Right about now last year, I was fast asleep with the help of Percocet, on my couch so I could keep my hand up (so the blood circulating to it wouldn’t hurt). Lemme explain. Last year I kicked a sound proof practice door shut onto my pinky finger. It was a fun experience, I learned a lot of things like where the Rockwood Clinic is, and Percocet is my favorite pain killer, and Kenny and Brian are more squeamish than me.

Anyways, I thought about posting pictures, but that would be pretty nasty, so I won’t. BUT I will post pictures from when I colored my hair. I wanted to do something random, so we went out and bought some hair dye. Beatrice colored and then highlighted my hair. I really like the way it turned out, but I think I might need to put some more high lights in it because you really can’t tell, but I guess that’s how I want it so it’ll look more natural. Since it’s hard to tell on the pictures, I’ll tell you what color it is. It’s a Brazilian brown with Chesnutt Changes highlights. It turned out more red than brown, but the high lights toned it down a bit more. The original kit was “Almond Roca” but that was too expensive so we made our own color combination. The final product, we decided, was chocolate cherry since it was a brown with a red tint to it. It was fun. It was my first time actually coloring my hair. Last year during thanksgiving break, Carrie highlighted my hair, and that was my first time doing anything besides cutting my hair, and now I colored AND highlighted. I was kind of nervous when Bea said that the color was going to be darker than my actual hair color, but it turned out all right. I’m happy with the results, and I think it looks similar to my natural hair, that it won’t look to bad once it grows out. Well, here it is! The first one was my hair at chrismas time. It looked pretty much the same before I colored it.






And this is the process of Bea actually dying it.





Here it is!



I don't know if you can tell, but there's a real strong red glow to it, especially when I stand in the light. You'll just have to see it in person sometime...

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I know I told you on the phone yesterday, but I think it looks great! Very Autumn.