Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Randomness: An update on college life

I was sitting in theory today and I looked down at my book and there
was a lady bug crawling around on it. I’m guessing it was from walking underneath all the trees to get to class, but still it was a fun surprise! I showed it to Peter, who sits behind me and he was like, “what? It’s a book” and I was like, “no! look!” Then I put the book on the floor so the lady bug could climb off of it, but it wouldn’t because the book is way too thick, so I opened it so it would only have to climb off one piece of paper, but it didn’t. Don, my teacher, almost stepped on it while walking by so I took it downstairs and let it down on the grass.




I cut Amanda’s hair last night. It was my first experience cutting hair, aside from cutting my own bangs or making sure mom’s hair is straight when she cuts it. It was fun. It was a learning experience. I think it turned out really cute, and I think she did too. When she walked in the bathroom I heard, “Cute! and I was really relieved. She asked for me to cut it, but then she said “oh yeah, I want layers too”, so the first thing I said when I had the scissors in my hand was “Ok, disclaimer!... This is going to be fun!” it was fun… Amanda even let Rich cut her hair. He said, “can I cut it too?” and automatically I said, “no!” and Amanda said, “sure… if you let Kim show you where to cut.” Both rich and I were like “really?” and she said, “sure, it’s just hair, it grows back.”

That was fun. We got some cool pictures of it. Her hair was quite long, we probably cut off about 4-5 inches.




Last Friday was a Relief Society slumber party, and I found out my favorite kind of soda! It’s Sierra Mist with cranberry splash. It is amazing, AND its diet! So even better. It tastes like a carbonated melted slurpee. It’s pretty darn good.

We also had a clothing exchange at the party and I found a CUTE skirt which I wore to Eliza’s blessing… that I was 2 minutes late for (I should have gone 80 for more than one minute).

Oh! I got my paper back today in theory and I got a 36 out of 40. Not bad for writing it an hour and half before it’s due. 90% for starting my research and analysis the night before…. NICE!

Last night, our friend Rachel was set apart as a missionary. Rich and I had the privilege to be present. Her family was there too. It was a beautiful blessing. She left for the MTC today. She’s going to Manchester New Hampshire mission. I’m so excited for her!

Rob saw the poster today, He loved it! I got a huge high five from him. He also put 20 bucks on the computer. I wasn’t expecting anything, so that was a nice perk. I decided to use half of that money to buy chocolate and black licorice for Nate. The other half is for groceries… more soups! CTC is having a sale on Campbell’s chunky soup. The chicken cheese broccoli potato soup is really good. Mmm mmm good.

I am still in the process of looking for a job, but it looks like i can get a work study position in the library doing organizing, brochures, and posters. hopefully this lady will get back to me soon.

This is a fun blog to write, I hope I’m not boring you. I’m really avoiding my homework right now, so I should get to that. Love ya’ll!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like black licorice...

Carrie said...

I don't like black licorice. But Amanda's hair looks cute!

Anonymous said...

This was a fun post to read! I'm glad your having a great time at college! I miss you here though!

Christina

Anonymous said...

Rich cut Amanda's hair? Teenagers rock. I mean, college students rock. I agree with anonymous. Black licorice is good.


Megan the Genius that rockes

Anonymous said...

Hey, I forgot to say I thought you were cute about the lady bug.

Chris