Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Journal Day 2-3

Today has been great! Brian and I laid in bed until around 9:30. I was awake since 8:30 or so but he was asleep until 9:30. Around 9:00 I decided to get up and get ready to go for a walk/run, but I didn't. Around 9:15 I got up and got dressed and almost ready to go. Then Brian turned over and reached out his arms for me. I really can't resist that- a time that he wants to cuddle - so I laid back in bed and cuddled with him for a few minutes. I asked him if he wanted to go on a walk with me and he said sure, after he had been up for a while. This is when I found out that he had watched West Wing until 2:30am... no wonder he stayed asleep so long! We then went upstairs, looked through the kids hair for lice and had breakfast. Yes, I said lice. Elijah brought it home from school about a week and a half ago. We though we were in the clear and then we found out Wednesday when we picked Quianna up to go out for dinner that she had it too! Elijah has come home from school every day this week with it. We checked his hair in the morning and found that he was ok. Then he would come home with eggs in his hair. Last night Quianna came to live with us for about a month and we found out that she still has it. Brian went off to play in Annie Get Your Gun (he is subbing for the bass player) and I got to deal with looking through and treating long hair. I got desperate and looked on the internet for some other tips and solutions. I read that vinegar dissolves the lice and it's eggs. I had Quianna use it in the shower last night and she complained that it got in her mouth.

This morning Brian only found 2 in her hair but I found 5 or 6 in Elijah's. He was clean last night! I don't understand it! I have washed his sheets/pillowcase every day AND sprayed his mattress and pillow. We thought school was the source since we would always find it when he came home.

I just have to say- I am tired of lice. I have done at least 3 loads of laundry every day since Saturday- sometimes 5 because regular laundry needs to be done. I am tired. Just go away lice!

So this morning I gave them vinegar rinses. This time I had them lay on their backs on the counter with their heads in the sink and I washed their hair. Quianna kept wiggling which made it hard to do but Elijah did great- he just giggled. Hopefully the vinegar helped because I am getting to the crazy.

We went to Riverfront park today. The kids got to ride the rides and Brian and I played catch with the NERF football and the frisbee. Running around was a part of my exercise.

Day #3
Today I subbed in the nursery today. It was fun, I just really miss Relief Society. We also had Family Home Evening today. Since Quianna will be living with us for a while it will be easier to start a schedule with it for the kids to teach the lessons today. I created a FHE chart with ice cream cones. I printed it out, I just need to put it together. That's a tomorrow project.
Tomorrow is the first Monday for a long while that I don't have to go to school. It's wonderful.
It's been a long day. I've gotta go put the kids to bed.

No comments: