Friday, February 13, 2009

cake and chocolate

Brian's one year anniversary (is that what you would call it) of joining the church was on Tuesday. So I made him a cake.


Amanda had 3 cake mixes to choose from so I chose the Funfetti one, and she had left over blueberry filling from a wedding caked she did in June. It was really good. Amanda came over to Brian's and played Wii and kept me company while I decorated them when Brian was at a rehearsal. I made two 6 inch cakes and decorated one in the shape of a CTR shield and then circle one that said "Congrats Brian!". The three of us ate the circled one that night and then Brian, Elijah, and I ate the CTR one the next night after scripture study.

Last night I went over after doing some shopping and Brian popped in the kitchen while I was looking in the fridge and gave me a card and a chocolate covered heart shaped brownie. I said, "It's not Valentine's day yet" and he said, "It's not for that" and then went and sat on the couch. The card was a quick little note that said he wanted to do something to show how much he appreciated me. The brownie was really good. I would have taken a picture but I didn't want to waste time before I ate it ;-)

2 comments:

Johnsons said...

Nice cake. Did you use Amanda's pans? The cake looks nice and thick.

Johnsons said...

Love the cake!