Monday, February 11, 2008

Born of Water and of the Spirit

Baptism of Brian McCann
February 10th, 2008
9:00 AM



This morning Brian was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The baptism and confirmation was performed by Todd DelGiudice.

It was such a good baptism this morning. The kids were both excited. The ward was also excited. Brian chose good hymns to open and close the meeting. We started with Lead Kindly Light, and then Elder Giles said the prayer. A member of the Elders quorum presidency gave the talk on baptism. After Brian was baptized, Todd(the sax/clarinet instructor at ewu) played Come Follow Me on the clarinet. it was beautiful. Then I gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. I was so excited to be a part of it. Then the Bishop spoke, and then we sang the closing song, "How Great Thou Art", after which Brian gave a couple of words. He said that for the longest time he was taught and believed that this church isn't true, but after watching his friends closely waiting for them to "slip up" and asking questions of what he thought we had believed, The Lord guided him to where he needed to go. he said, "I can say now that I believe this church to be true, I know this church is true". Then he thanked all of us for being who we are and told us to keep doing what we do. It was a great way to end a baptism.
Then in sacrament meeting, at 11:00, Todd confirmed Brian and he received the gift of the holy ghost. Todd gave a beautiful blessing of peace and courage to do the right things and to be strong with his family.
It was very good. I'm very grateful for the gospel which I know to be true. I'm so glad that I have friends that can strengthen me and help me learn the priorities of life. I'm grateful for Brian and the good example that he is to me.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Congratulations, Brian! It sounds like it was a beautiful baptism. Hope everything goes well for you!