Friday, June 22, 2007

I created a new one!

Since it has been so long since i had a blogspot, I decided to create a new one...
For my first post, I wanted to let all my family know something very exciting! I found out yesterday that I received a 1000 dollar scholarship from Seattle Jaceey's Scholarship Program.
Also, I decided on a new place to live for next year. I canceled my other lease and got a new one. I found this place on craigslist and I hadn't seen it but I prayed and THIS one felt right. I had this haunting feeling about the basement apartment I was going to do, and as soon as I talked to the guy about this house, that haunting feeling disappeared. Before it was a 3 bedroom 1 bath, W/D, for 850 + 50 for yard care. The one that I'm going to be living in now is 3 bedroom 2 bath, W/D, Dishwasher, for 800, including yard care. AND it's a house.
It's a small block away from the institute which means it's close to the school also. I'm really excited. He sent me pictures of it yesterday.

Here's the front


here's the living room

and the front bathroom (i'm guessing)













So i'm really excited for this place. My lease starts in July so i'll be looking for a twin bed to take up there also a dresser. i'm not sure if i want one or not... depending on how my bedroom turns out. So that's it! what do you think?

4 comments:

Carrie said...

That looks like a great place to live! And cheaper than the other place, too. I think that living anywhere but a basement apartment is the way to go.

Congratulations on the scholarship. That's awesome!

Johnsons said...

Wow! You can cook dinner and do laundry at the same time! I had my washer and dryer in the green house, it was kind of convenient.

Way to go on the scholorship!

Tallia said...

You took the map of your location off! Hehe. I'm so excited for you...I think that will be so fun to live in a house. The difference between having a washer/dryer and not is amazing! That's how it was when we moved into our apartment in Seattle. I couldn't believe the difference! Congrats on the scholarship!

Carrie said...

Kim, I was reading your profile.

"I don't wear belts over my sweaters... that's just a fashion atrocity."

That's hilarious, but so true.